Things I've Been Loving Recently & A Life Update
Phew, it's been a while since I've sat down and written a blog post. I've wanted to write for a long time now, but due to being out of routine, the height of wedding season, and struggling a little with creative direction it just hasn't happened. But tonight, at 11:22pm, I'm choosing to stay up a little later and do something I enjoy and miss: write a blog post.
We are currently in-between homes, which comes with it's own set of challenges. I've had people asking how our home search is going, and I'm thrilled to say that we have found our next home! I'll likely share more about how we found our home at a later date (it's a huge God story), but for now all we feel comfortable sharing is that it's in Bemus Point, and is more that we could have ever asked for. Genuinely. We are so excited! But until we can move in, we are still at my parents place in Randolph occupying the third story. Beckley is getting lots of stairs practice. 😉
Right now we are in the middle of a transition season, and it can be really difficult to find a rhythm or develop routines in the midst of a transition. However, I've found comfort in a few things, which I thought I would share with you tonight. :)
Here are 9 things I've been loving recently:
- "Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World" by Kristen Welch | I was recommended this book by a friend and it is SO👏🏽 GOOD👏🏽. I'm only a little over halfway through (it's taking me FOREVER to read, I've been so busy), but it has been so convicting, encouraging, and thought-provoking. I would highly recommend that any parent (especially Moms) read it! Get your own copy HERE.
- Playing Fetch with Sully and Sampson 3x/Day | Both of the dogs love playing fetch, and so this has turned into a routine for us every day. We usually play for around 15 minutes in the morning, 20 in the afternoon, and 10 in the evening. Beckley loves playing in her Cozy Coupe while the dogs run, and it's great time outdoors for everyone!
- Facebook Marketplace Shopping | Now that we know which house we're moving into, we're able to start looking for furniture! Jackson and I have always preferred buying used furniture when possible, and buying for this house is no different. We've already saved thousands of dollars by shopping this way, and have found some really great pieces that we're excited about! There's also one particular item (so crazy!) that we found via Facebook Marketplace that I will share in a future blog post...😉
- My 35mm 1.4 Lens | My beloved 50mm 1.2 lens has recently needed to be sent for repair, which means that I've needed to rely on my 35mm lens a whole lot more than normal. I had forgotten just how versatile, quick, and crisp my 35mm is! I've loved falling in love with this lens all over again, and pushing my creativity as I photograph with it.
- Less Time on Social Media | I don't think I'm the only one that's been feeling the pull to spend less and less time on social media lately. Social media can be such a useful tool, especially for business, but that doesn't mean I need to be on it all day every day. I've worked hard to spend a lot less time on it each day, and I've been LOVING how I feel and think as a result.
- Daily Wire Media | Speaking of social media, I've been seeking out specific brands that I really enjoy and Daily Wire is one that I've come to enjoy so much. Matt Walsh, Candace Owens, Ben Shapiro, and Brett Cooper are who I usually go to, and I would highly recommend checking any of them out!
- "Talk of the Town" -NEEDTOBREATHE | Needless to say, if my favorite band releases a new single, I'm gonna love it. It's a banger.
- Devin Gibson on YouTube | While we're talking media, Devin Gibson on YouTube is AMAZING. I only recently found him and I subscribed on the first video. He has quickly become one of my favorite people on YouTube because of his conservative views, clear articulation, great sense of humor, and fierce love for Christ. HIGHLY recommend subscribing to him!
- Our Family Trip to Colorado | Jackson, Beckley, and I recently made a spontaneous trip out to Colorado to visit friends. Our days there were so refreshing, and the exact reset we all were needing. Plus, we love our Colorado friends dearly. We were definitely sad to leave!
What have you been loving recently? Shoot me an email and share what you've been up to, loving recently, or have felt encouraged by! I'd love to chat. :)
It's now officially 11:53pm, and I need to go to bed so I have enough energy to keep up with Miss Beckley tomorrow. I've missed writing blog posts so much, so I appreciate you taking the time to read this one. :) Thank you for stopping by!
Scroll below to see some images from our time in Colorado. 🏔