Laundry Hacks for Busy Moms
Today I'll be sharing my top laundry hacks for busy moms, as well as linking my favorite rolling laundry hamper which works great for small spaces!
I won't lie, I'm not the best at staying on top of doing the laundry. I have often put it off and end up doing 8-10 loads in the days leading up to a trip, or when Jackson has run out of boxers. BUT, I have been working on making the chore of laundry more enjoyable, and here are a few hacks to do so:
- Sort your laundry as you go. I have this rolling hamper I bought last year when I was pregnant that works great for this! It has 3 separate baskets, which means I can sort the laundry into whites, darks, and colors as I go. This saves me from having to sort the laundry when I actually go to do it! And as a busy mom, I'm all for any and all time savers!
- Have separate hampers for every member of your family. Jackson and I each have our own separate hampers, as does Beckley.
- Have multiple hampers for baby/kids laundry. Beckley has 2 laundry hampers in her closet--one for colors/darks and one for whites. This allows me to sort the clothes as I go, and then wash the different loads as they fill up.
- If you're doing multiple loads in a day, start the first load as early as possible. I usually try to get all the washing done during the day while I'm working on other things, and then I'll spend 30 minutes in the evening folding the loads.
- Turn on a show while you're folding! I get bored very easily when folding laundry, so I'll often turn on a show on Disney+ or Netflix to watch as I'm folding. This makes it more enjoyable, and makes the time pass by more quickly!
Below I've linked the hampers we personally use, as well as some other ones I found on Amazon that caught my eye!